- Halifax Entries
Clifton is a small village, near Brighouse, in the metropolitan borough of Calderdale in West Yorkshire, England. Clifton is mentioned as Cliftone in the Domesday book of 1086. The parish was recorded on 1 July 1837 as part of the Halifax Registration District. It was abolished as a distinct parish on 1 April 1937 and merged with the neighbouring parishes of Brighouse, Cleckheaton, and Liversedge, the village of Clifton becoming part of the Borough of Brighouse. The borough was abolished in 1974 when it became part the metropolitan borough of Calderdale.